Can’t believe June is already ending! I had to research a lot to find out who created this tag, and I think it was created by Ely and Chami on BookTube (?). I hope that’s correct because even though there are a lot of people doing this tag, apparently not many, including me, know who were the original creators.
Let’s get to the questions.
1. What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
These two were the best books I’ve read this year in their respective genre. I think about both of them constantly! But I needed to include what I’m calling the honorable mentions: The Wedding Crasher by Mia Sosa & Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim.
2. Best sequel you’ve read this year
I’ve read a few sequels but none of them come close to The Hunger of the Gods. I went into it expecting the middle book syndrome and I loved every second of it. So good!
3. A new release that you haven’t read yet but you want to
Can’t wait to read the conclusion to The Prison Healer trilogy.
4. Most anticipated book for the second half of the year
I narrowed the very long list of anticipated releases to these three.
5. Biggest disappointment of the year
This one didn’t work for me. The setting was the most interesting aspect of this book.
6. Biggest surprise of the year
This one is a tie. I loved these two 2022 releases and I read both in the same month. Can’t wait to read the sequels.
7. New favorite author – either new to you or debut author
Just by looking at this list, it’s easy to guess: John Gwynne of course!
8. Newest fictional crush / 9. New favorite character
Addie LaRue. Her story was beautiful and I loved her!
10. A book that made you cry
I shed a few tears while reading Our Violent Ends. I loved these characters so much! It was hard to say goodbye.
11. A book that made you happy
This book made me smile so much! I loved every single moment, every single character and I laughed a lot while reading it. A fantastic fake dating romance with lots of chemistry.
12. Favorite book to movie adaptation
Hmm, I don’t recall any book to movie adaptation that I loved this year. But book to TV Show is an easy pick: Heartstopper was a great adaptation. So cute and perfect! 🥰